- It used to be: – the big who swallowed the small
- Then it was – “The fast who swallowed the slow”
- Now it will be – “The integrated who will swallow the disparate”
What Will Happen When....
- “...advanced robotics and artificial intelligence;
- sophisticated sensors; cloud computing;
- the Internet of Things;
- data capture and analytics;
- digital fabrication (including 3D printing), …
- platforms that use algorithms to direct manufacturing devices,
- and the embedding of all these elements in an interoperable global value chain, shared by many companies from many countries
Are joined together, and integrate the physical and virtual worlds….?”
- What skills will manufacturing personnel need?
- Who will be trained?
- Where will that training occur?
- Who will be the trainers?
- What will that look like?
- Where do we start?
- When do we start
These are some of the questions that need to be asked
These are the conversations that need to start